I thought I loved my slings with Zman, but it was just a pale comparison to how much I adore being able to wear SweetPea.
Around the house I will pop her in a sling so that I can get cleaning, cooking or laundry done. This is the only way I can get these things done when Zman is home too. He's just a bit too excited about her and forgets she's fragile in his desire to interact with her.
But my love of babywearing isn't just a private thing. I find it so much better to be able to wear her while we are out shopping, walking or even hiking. I even wore her out to a lighthouse in the Bay of Fundy that was only accessible by a climb up and down rocks exposed at low tide. I was particularly proud of that :)
I've got 3 types of sling right now, 3 pocket slings, a Maya wrap and a moby. I use the pocket ones for simple walking, the maya for discreet public breastfeeding and the moby for vigorous activity. The moby is actually SweetPea's favorite as she's still at the stage where she likes to snuggle in and hug me.
I've even begun looking into what carry system I want next for when she's not as secure/comfortable in what I have now. I even snagged a snugli real cheap at Target on Friday, which allows me to wear her facing out... I guess that makes 4 types now, lol.
If only she could stay this little ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment